Desperate times call for desperate magic…
We are SO excited to be publishing Into the Crooked Place on October 8th. It’s the first in a brand new duology by Alexandra Christo, author of To Kill a Kingdom.
Magic rules the city of Creije Capital and Tavia Syn knows just how many tricks she needs up her sleeve to survive. Selling dark magic on the streets for her kingpin, she keeps clear of other crooks, counting the days until her debt is paid and she can flee her criminal life.
But then, one day, with her freedom in sight, Tavia uncovers a sinister plot that threatens to destroy the realm she calls home. Desperate to put an end to her kingpin’s plan, Tavia forms an u nlikely alliance with three crooks even more deadly than her… but with enemies on all sides, they can trust nobody. Least of all each other.
To make things even more exciting, if you send us proof of purchase by 23.59 on 7th October, you will get a SIGNED bookplate!
Simply e-mail us at email@example.com with proof of purchase/receipt and your name and address by 23.59 on 7th October with Into the Crooked Place in the subject line. Terms and Conditions apply!
- To receive pre-order prize, a copy of proof of purchase must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize. Winners must supply a name, address, and copy of receipt purchase/preorder of Into the Crooked Place
- Subscription boxes to not count as a pre-order.
- This competition is open to UK and Ireland residents 16+, or with parental permission and with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on 7th October 2019. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- The prize is a bookplate signed by Alexandra Christo.
- Prizes are subject to availability and there is no cash alternative. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically MV reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and non-refundable and the winner may not sell or offer the prize for sale or use it for any further competition, contest or promotion.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity or social media.
- Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- The Promoter is Hot Key Books, 80-81 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 9RE
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.