Christmas is looming, and it’s easy to get lost in the stress of getting all your Christmas shopping done. So we thought we would help you along by telling you what books we want for Christmas – we hope you’ll be inspired!
1. For Livs, it’s DIANA VREELAND MEMOS: THE VOGUE YEARS, by Alexander Vreeland and Polly Mellon. ‘It looks gorgeous and is filled to bursting with Vreeland’s rich, idiosyncratic wit and intelligence (and some brilliant cutting remarks) – a real lesson in using your words and never settling for a cliché.’
2. THE PROPERTY by Rutu Modan is at the top of Meg’s wish list.
4. One of the many books on Sarah O.’s list is VIVIAN MAIER: SELF PORTRAIT – ‘a brilliant, and in her lifetime completely unknown, American photographer’s self portraits! But any of the books showcasing her work would be much appreciated.’5. Jenny really wants the SCANDILICIOUS BAKING book, by Signe Johansen – even though her oven doesn’t work so baking is currently out of the question – because it’s ‘all about the Scandies at this time of year.’
8. This Christmas, Naomi would love bury her nose in THE LUMINARIES by Eleanor Catton.
9. Although it is a book she already has, Sanne describes WELL-READ WOMEN by Samantha Hahn as a great Christmas present for any book lover – ‘a beautiful collection of water colour paintings of women from literature, with a quote from each book. You will definitely be able to find your favourite female characters in there! It’s very bright, great to display in your room and the perfect book to read while sitting on the couch with a nice cup of tea.’
10. For myself (Emma B.), it’s a tie between a nice (pretty!) version of Donna Tartt’s THE SECRET HISTORY, as I have yet to be initiated into the cult of Tartt, and (speaking of cults) GOING CLEAR: SCIENTOLOGY, HOLLYWOOD, AND THE PRISON OF BELIEF by Lawrence Wright – because I almost couldn’t put down his book about Al Qaeda and the road to 9/11, despite the heavy topic.
What’s on our bookish Christmas wish list? Let us know in the comments or @HotKeyBooks on Twitter!
And don’t forget, the 12 Days of Christmas are still going at Hot Key, so if you order books from our website you get a 30% discount, free shipping within the UK and we’ll wrap the books for you (you have until Sunday to order!)